Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Water Color...Not Just for Paper

Do I have a fun one for you today! So, I was visiting one of my favorite lacquerista sites when one of the lovely women on that site posted their water color nails. She was also nice enough to put up the tutorial that she followed here. I really liked her version of it, but then I decided that instead of using a white background I decided to use gray. Specifically Essie's Chin Chilly.

This is the order in which I applied my colors (after the gray):
1.OPI's Ski Teal We Drop
2. Used Pure Acetone and nail brush (I used a sable oval brush..might try a different one next time) to blot the color around the nail. (this was done after each color application to each nail)
3. CG Spontaneous
4. OPI's Tasmanian Devil Made Me Do It
5. CG Lemon Fizz
6. CG White on White
7. Seche Vite

Now, I didn't let each color completely dry before I did the next layer, which resulted in a more blended look. You'll notice that in the tutorial you could make out each color and there is a white gap and the tip and base of the nail. Again, I wanted to do something a little different and make it my own. I also really like that this can be worn with almost any color.

 I will also say that it is very handy to have a paper towel around as you will need to clean off the brush depending on what kind of look you want. I would leave a little of the previous color on, which is why the orange looks more red. Next time I will let each color dry first and use pink or white as my base color.


 In Natural Light

 A little flash...you can really see the colors in the background



Right hand with flash  

Left hand with flash


So this was my personal twist to it. I love how each nail came out a little different. What would do differently to make it your own?

Until then, stay Pol!shed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment